HARRISBURG—Rep, Todd Stephens (R-Montgomery) announced that five fire and EMS companies from the 151st District have received state grants to help in their operations.
The grants are distributed through the Office of the Pennsylvania Fire Commissioner.
“This money will go a long way to helping our local first responders meet their needs,” Stephens said. “That makes us a safer community.”
The following companies that serve the 151st District received grant money:
• Fire Department of Montgomery Township-- $14,248.03.
• Fort Washington Fire Co.-- $14,248.03.
• Horsham Fire Co No 1 Fire Company-- $13,700.31.
• Horsham Fire Co No 1 EMS -- $9,192.44.
• Montgomery Township Dept of Fire Services -- $13,837.24.
“Our first responders are critical to keeping our community safer,” Stephens said. “We need to make sure they receive the help they need, especially when you consider how many men and women do this voluntarily.”
In October, Stephens helped pass a package of bills designed to protect and strengthen the ranks of the volunteer fire companies in Pennsylvania.
Representative Todd Stephens
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: David Foster